Unfortunately, there are some competitions that are poorly organised, motivated by self-interests or simply a 'front' for the collection of cheap stock photography.
How to select a genuine photography competition:
- The deadline for entries is NEVER extended.
- The judge(s) are completely impartial and INDEPENDENT of the organising body.
- The names and contact details of the organisers are published
- Entrants retain copyright of the images.
- The competition is not for personal profit or gain.
- The actual judging process is tested and statistically/mathematically VALID.
- The judging process is tested and statistically/mathematically RELIABLE.
- The entry system is relatively simple
- Winners entries are checked for authenticity
- Prizes are awarded within four weeks