Typically, fine art images are typified by:
- Monochromatic (black and white) images as opposed to colour
- Significant areas of negative space (black areas)
- Simple subjects
- High technical excellence
- Space for the subject to 'breathe'
- A narrative that keeps the viewer searching for a story
Achieving a sensual fine art image is simply adding one extra element into the project.
I was photographing in an old colonial home in East Fremantle. I asked my subject to close her eyes, open them slowly, fall in love with the image in the mirror and gently kiss her. Many subjects find it difficult to achieve a serious sensual image and resort to humour and laughter to cover their awkwardness. The closing of the eyes is a powerful technique to get the subject to relax.