My wife got a new kitten today. 'Millie' is just 10 weeks old - a rescued cat from the Cat Haven. I was mesmerised by the way Millie explored every nook and cranny of our living area then my office. She stuck her nose into every corner, behind every shelf, under every ledge, bounding from one point to another with gleeful lunges.
Why aren't humans more like Millie?
As humans, we have the whole world to investigate and all five senses to use.
- Do you really see beyond what's immediately apparent
- Do you listen for distant sounds
- And smell the salt or bacon cooking in the air
- Do you touch a surface and feel the texture, do you touch someone's skin
- Do you close your eyes, chew slowly and really taste
|Genevieve's legs at Meelup Beach, Yallingup with a Sigma fish-eye 14mm lens|
Give me a camera and I see more clearly
Put a saddle between my legs and I hear every sound
Lead me to the city and I'll sniff out the best egg and bacon brekkie
Let me taste the salt in the Indian Ocean, let the salt dry on my skin
Let me feel your hand in mine and I'll walk a hundred miles with you
'Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it.
Because the world needs people who have come alive'.