Fail to prepare, be prepared to fail.
- water (lots of it!)
- reliable vehicle with spares
- EPIRB* or satellite phone
- telling someone of your route and schedule
- Fuel +50% until next reliable fill-up
- First Aid Kit
- snake charming kit (just joking!)
- Charging batteries - use solar or an inverter
- Dust - it's everywhere and very fine. Seal gear in plastic. Carry an Arctic Butterfly.
- Head torch - for late night shoots and seeing centipedes at night when peeing
- Spare camera body - essential (if you have a spare body for yourself, take that also)
- Tripod and remote release (you will be in remote locations)
- Three best lenses - wide angle 20mm, telephoto min 300mm, macro 85mm
|Fern Pool - Karijini Gorge|
Oh, one more thing ... unless your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend is a dyed-in-the-wool photography sympathiser, can cook camp casserole and stare down desert dingoes, leave him/her at home to tend the roses and save yourself the cost of the divorce.
* Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon